I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Do you ever have those nights where your head just wont stop running? I have always live in a city. From the place I lay my head I can hear cars still driving along the freeway. So many every night, never knowing where they are going or where they come from. I only hear the sound of the tires moving across the pavement. It makes a kind of wooshing sound that can be so comforting. I remember sleeping at my sister home in colorado and trying to find a sound to focus on to fall help me fall asleep. A subtle comfort to remind me of home but it wasn't there. There was no freeway noise, no cars driving fast, no sirens or city noise at all. Can I be one of those people who is deafened by the quiet? Can the still of night be so loud it keeps me awake? 
My current obsession is with cottages and meadows. I long for those lush green pastures and the sun casting a sort of foggy haze through giant trees. Thatched roofs covered with a fuzzy moss and wildflowers covering every inch that would be thought of as a yard. 
 Aren't they beautiful!? 



And to continue the blog entry of completely random things... Can it be christmas yet? I really would love to start decorating. Seeing as I hosted thanksgiving last year so I don't have to let anyone see my home before christmas, I think I can start now. Jeff and I are already planning on making a popcorn garland and we collected tons of old christmas decorations at estate sales over the summer so we are ready!! 


0 comments: